For all you NOLA Beastie fans out there, there are a few upcoming events (in April and May) that might tickle your fancy. It’s going to be an eventful spring! I hope to get to meet some of you there!
April 9, 2017 (Book Discussion & Author Q&A) – The Kwaidan Book Club (the Read Japan aspect of the Japan Society of New Orleans) has chosen The Butterfly Crest as their April read and will be discussing the book, and hosting an Author Q&A with yours truly, on April 9th! If you’d like to know more about this Event, please visit the Facebook Event Page here.
- Date & Time: Sunday, April 9th from 4:00 to 6:00 PM
- Location: Tubby & Coo’s Mid-City Book Shop, 631 N. Carrollton Ave, NOLA
May 14, 2017 – Kimono Pop-Up Shop & Book Release Party. The Second Edition of The Butterfly Crest hit the local shelves recently and what better way to celebrate than with friends, readers and kimono?! So I’ve teamed up with Kawaii NOLA and JA&T Kimono on May 14th for a Kimono Pop-Up Shop and Book Release Party!! Come join us to celebrate! If you’d like to know more about this Event, please visit the Facebook Event Page here.
- Date & Time: Sunday, May 14th from 1:00 to 4:00 PM
- Location: Kawaii NOLA, 4826 Magazine St, NOLA
May 22, 2017 – Kimono and Kitsuke Workshop. For those of you who’ve read my book, you know I’m a little (a lot) obsessed with kimono. If you’ve ever wanted to learn about kimono and kitsuke (the art of wearing kimono), come join me and the Japan Society of New Orleans on May 22nd for a Kimono and Kitsuke Worksop and Demonstration!
- Date & Time: Monday, May 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 PM
- Location: Old Metairie Banch – Jefferson Parish Public Library, 2350 Metairie Rd, Metairie, Louisiana